What you need to know about truck tolls in Belgium
In Belgium, a toll on vehicles with a permissible total weight of over 3.5 tonnes is collected by the satellite-based Viapass for trucks toll system.
The kilometre-based toll system applies to the existing Eurovignette route network within the regions of
and replaces the previously applicable time-based Eurovignette in Belgium.
The new distance-based toll will be calculated using a satellite-based On Board Unit. For this the toll operator Satellic requires a deposit of 135 EUR, which is refunded upon return of the On-Board Unit.
Installing the on-board unit
Installing the on-board unit (OBU) can be done in two ways: either by wiring it into the vehicle’s power supply (permanent installation) or by inserting the plug supplied as standard with the box into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket.
The following conditions must be fulfilled before a Satellic OBU can be returned through DKV:
1. The OBU is not from the Satellomat (Satellic fast-track account)
2. DKV is indicated as the business partner on the Satellic Road User Portal (RUP) (only possible with a full Satellic account).
3. The customer’s own bank details and e-mail address are indicated in the RUP.
4. The OBU is accompanied by the standard battery and the two-wire cable including the plug. (Refer to the newly amended Satellic conditions for accepting returned articles, duration of transitional arrangements unknown)
5. Customer name and DKV customer number included
6. Satellic customer number included (see Satellic invoice)
7. Vehicle registration number included
Further information about returning Satellic OBUs can be found on the Satellic website.